This article is intended for users that signed up for Redbooth prior to March 2017 and are on the Free plan. Details for the pricing and plan changes that will occur on October 11, 2017 and plan migration on November 1, 2017 are below.
Feature Deprecation Notice
As part of our continuous efforts to offer a reliable and refined project management platform, we will be deprecating the following features for free subscriptions on November 1, 2017. These features will be exclusive to Professional and Business subscriptions:
- External members
- Multiple assignees
- Dependencies in Timeline
- Private tasks and workspaces
- Reports (except Calendar and Task overview)
- About page in workspaces
- File preview in tasks
- Export workspaces
- Task list templates
- Cisco Spark workspace integration
- Box integration
- Evernote integration
- Microsoft OneDrive (Business only)
- OKTA (Business only)
To facilitate the deprecation of these features, we recommend that you do the following:
- External members are now exclusive to our Professional and Business subscriptions. Please remove all unnecessary external members from your organization and convert the required ones into organization participants.
- Time-tracking is now exclusive to our Professional and Business subscriptions. Please see this workaround for helping to track and calculate time in Redbooth.
Why are these features being removed?
It’s never easy to deprecate features for our users, and it is common for users to wonder why old and new features cannot exist in tandem. However, maintaining a larger feature set comes with significant drawbacks which have a negative effect on our users’ experience.
The principal impact can be felt in the upkeep of a diverse feature set. The ability to dedicate the necessary time and care to fixing bugs is diminished. This can also delay any work that our engineers may be contributing to brand new updates.
Furthermore, it can be confusing for users to see certain features present in one account, but not available in another. By offering a uniform and powerful feature set to all users, we believe that everyone can feel the benefit.
What if I don’t remove my private tasks, private workspaces, and external users?
We suggest you remove them prior to November 1. If you do not, when you login on November 1 or after, you’ll be asked to remove your private tasks, private workspaces, and external users before continuing.
New features being introduced
The removal of these features for free subscriptions coincides with the addition of the following features to free subscriptions:
- An additional 5 free seats in your subscription, meaning you can now invite up to 10 users.
- The use of Timeline, our popular Gantt chart, in all of your workspaces.
- Subtasks are now available in the free version.
If I upgrade to Pro/Business by October 11, is my pricing locked in for future seats?
If I upgrade to the Business plan at 25% off by October 11, how long does the discount last?
- 12 months
If I upgrade to the Pro plan before October 11, 2017, will my current pricing change? What about new seats I add?
- No! Your original pricing is locked in forever. Thank you for being a Redbooth customer!
If I have more than 2 workspaces and my account is migrated to the new Free plan, what happens to the extra workspaces?
- You can keep them! However, you can’t create new workspaces, and if you archive a workspace, you won’t be able to unarchive it unless your active workspaces are less than 2. If you need more than two workspaces, upgrade to the Pro or Business plan.
What changes are being made to the Free plan?
- The Free plan you are on has the same feature set as the current paid Pro plan. In order to streamline our plans, we’ll do the following:
- We are adding subtasks to the Free plan, which has been reserved for Pro/Business accounts for the past 2 years.
- We’re changing the number of workspaces to 2, and moving external users, time tracking, private tasks, and private workspaces to the Pro and Business plans.