The Timeline View is Redbooth’s version of a Gantt chart. It is available in all of your workspaces and offers you a visual overview of how your project is progressing. Professional and Business subscriptions can enjoy the added benefit of task dependencies as well as the ability to export the Timeline.
To get to the Timeline View, click the below icon in the top right hand corner of your workspace.
Tasks in Timeline are color-coded to indicate their status:
- Active tasks are blue
- Overdue tasks are red
- Resolved tasks are green
Below are some helpful notes for reading your Timeline.
- Only tasks with defined start and end dates appear in Timeline
- Repeating and private tasks are not visible in Timeline
- Urgent tasks are marked by an exclamation icon in the task list
- Task lists are divided by purple bars
- You can show or hide resolved tasks under Options
- Start dates and due dates can be modified by dragging the handles on either side of the task
- View by days, weeks or months to get the overview that you need
- The Timeline shows one year in the past and one year in the future
The length of the task list bar is determined by the duration of its tasks. The shading indicates the overall progress of the task list.
To collapse or expand a task list in Timeline, click on the task list in the left menu. When the task lists are collapsed, the purple task list bar is visible, providing a high-level overview of the progress and duration of the task lists.
Order of Tasks in Timeline
The order of tasks on Timeline is automatically determined:
- Task lists are ordered by the earliest task start date
- Tasks are ordered by the earliest start date under their respective task list
- Any alterations to start dates will change the order of tasks and task lists
Start and Due Dates
You can alter the start and due date of a task in Timeline by clicking and dragging the ends of the taskbar. You can also move the entire taskbar by clicking and dragging from the center of the taskbar. Note that tasks without a due date do not appear in Timeline. Altering the duration of the earliest task in a task list may cause the task list order to automatically change.
Multiple Assignee Tasks on Timeline
If you have a task that has multiple assignees, it will show up in the Timeline with the avatar of the first assignee. It will also have a small green icon indicating multiple assignees. You need to click on the task to view other assignees.