An important part of project management is the ability to have different tasks running concurrently. A lot of the time, tasks are dependent on the completion of others. Timeline View is the only place where you can create task dependencies.
Important notes about dependencies in Redbooth:
- You can only create finish-to-start dependencies in Redbooth.
- You can only create a dependent task if the start date of the dependent task is the same day that the parent task is due or later.
- You can only create dependencies between tasks in the same workspace.
- Dependencies are available only on the Pro/Business plans.
- Hover over the desired task in Timeline view.
- Click on the orange dot that appears to the right of the taskbar.
- Drag and drop the orange dot on the task you want to make dependent.
- The dependency will be represented by a black line.
Moving Parent Tasks
When you change the end date of a parent task forward in time, you will have the option to automatically update the dates for all dependent tasks.
Moving Child Tasks
When you change the end date of a child task forward in time, it will simply update the due date for this one task alone. However, if the child task has a dependent task, you will have the option to automatically update the dates for its dependent tasks.
Moving Tasks Backwards In Time
When you move a parent or child task backwards in time, it will update the due date for just this task. If you move a child task backwards in time to start before the end date of the parent task, you will be prompted to delete dependencies. Selecting this option will delete the dependency chain for this task.