An important part of project management is the ability to have different tasks running concurrently. A lot of the time, tasks are dependent on the completion of others. Timeline View is the only place where you can create task dependencies in.
You can only create hard, finish-to-start dependencies in Redbooth. Changing the end date of a parent task will not change the start date of the dependent task.
- Hover over the desired task in Timeline view.
- Click on the orange dot that appears to the right of the taskbar.
- Drag and drop the orange dot on the task you want to make dependent.
- The dependency will be represented by a black line.
TODO: Sibi, please update the below screenshot
- You can only create a dependent task if the start date is the same day or later
- You can only create dependencies between tasks in the same workspace
- Dependencies are available only on the Pro/Business plans