With the Slack integration, you can collaborate and manage projects between your preferred tools for project management and team chat. Team members are able work in their environment of choice, and can take action from Slack using Redbooth commands.
How The Slack Integration Works
After you have linked your two accounts, you can monitor your Redbooth workspace activities via Slack. You can:
- Connect multiple Redbooth workspaces to multiple Slack channels.
- Get updates from tasks and task comments in real time.
- Make task updates to Redbooth using the /redbooth help command
- Coming soon: Additional notification and settings, quick action buttons in Slack
This is a trail message integration, so group chats in Slack are not shown in Redbooth and vice-versa. The notifications that you receive are for the creation and the resolution of tasks. You can also change your settings to show desktop notifications, or activate push notifications if you have the mobile app.
"Add a task" /command in Slack will only work if one workspace is connected to that Slack channel. Additional fetch and update commands will still work with multiple workspaces.
Example of a Slack notification from Redbooth
Redbooth commands from Slack. Type /redbooth help in Slack to view command list.
Note: In order to use the 'search' command, you need to link your Slack user account by doing the following:
- Go to My profile settings > Integrations: Services
- Select the Slack Link account button
- Sign into your Slack account
Connect The Workspace Slack Integration
You can sign up through the integration’s home page, and setting up the connection to Redbooth is quick and easy. Just follow the steps below.
Please note that only organization admins and workspace creators can make this connection. After the connection is made, all the users in the workspaces can then use the integration by referencing the (#) hashtag.
- Go to a workspace and select the settings icon.
- Click the Integrations button and select Connect to Slack.
- Authorize the connection in the next screen.
- Now you are connected.